This choice board is targeted to students in grades 6-8 They may use images found in the home; in newspapers, magazines or books; on television (if there is a pause feature); or online to complete the activities and may write or record (audio or video) their responses.
If students have online access, below are several links to a variety of image sets. You may allow them to browse and choose images or you may curate your own set for them to use.
Subject primary sources
Sports primary sources
- Swimming & Surfing
- Olympic Games
More image sets
- Digitized picture books from the Library
- Library of Congress Flickr Albums
- Library of Congress Free to Use and Reuse Sets
- PSN featured images from the Library of Congress
- Guided Primary Source Analysis activities
- Early Elementary (K-2) Image Analysis Choice Board
- Later Elementary (3-5) Image Analysis Choice Board
- OAV Civic Action & Engagement Choice Boards
Primary source analysis strategies