This choice board is targeted to students in grades 3-5. They may use images found in the home; in newspapers, magazines or books; on television (if there is a pause feature); or online to complete the activities and may write or record (audio or video) their responses.
If students have online access, below are several links to a variety of image sets. You may allow them to browse and choose images or you may curate your own set for them to use.
Children image sets
- Children & community
- Turn of the Century Children images
- The Water-Babies: Illustrations by Jessie Willcox Smith
- When They Were Young: A Photographic Retrospective of Childhood
More image sets
- Digitized picture books from the Library
- PSN featured images from the Library of Congress
- Library Free to Use and Reuse Sets
- Library of Congress Flickr Albums