Look carefully at the photograph above and respond to the following questions.
- What do you notice first?
- What else do you see?
- What details can you point to?
- What might those details tell you about this woman and what she is doing?
- What might those details tell you about why this photo was taken, or the purpose it might have served?
- What questions do you have?
Click this link to access resources to help you investigate this type of woman’s work, then write a blog post about your findings from your primary source analyses and your research. Identify the blog you are writing for (could be real or fictitious) and be sure that your information, style and tone are targeted to the blog’s audience.
What other observations, reflections or questions does this source inspire? Let us know!