Search for more Chicago Cubs images in Mapping an American Pastime
World Series of 1908 historic newspaper coverage
- Cubs Capture Place in Finals of Grand Grapple for Title, The Washington Times (Washington, D.C.), October 9, 1908, Last Edition, Page 10, Image 10, Cols. 1-5.
- Cubs Look Like Better Team than the Detroit Tigers, The Evening World (New York, NY), October 10, 1908, Final Results Edition, Image 7, Cols. 1-8.
- Detroit Wins Third Game, Deseret Evening News (Great Salt Lake City, UT), October 12, 1908, Image 1, Cols. 3-5.
- Cubs Again Show Their Class and Take Tigers Into Camp, The San Francisco Call (San Francisco, CA), October 14, 1908, Page 8, Image 8, Cols. 1-4.
- Badly Battered Tiger Suffers from Twisted Tail, The Washington Times (Washington, D.C.), October 14, 1908, Last Edition, Page 12, Image 13, Cols. 1-6.
- Cubs Greatest Baseball Team in the World, The Evening World (New York, NY), October 15, 1908, Final Results Edition, Image 14, Cols. 1-8.
- Tigers Engulfed; Scarce a Gurgle, The Washington Times (Washington, D.C.), October 15, 1908, Last Edition, Image 10, Cols. 1-6.
U.S. legislation related to the Chicago Cubs
- A resolution honoring the Chicago Cubs–the 1984 National League Eastern Division baseball champions H.Res.593 09/26/1984
- Congratulating Sammy Sosa of the Chicago Cubs for tying the current major league record for home runs in one season H.Res.536 09/15/1998
- Congratulating Sammy Sosa of the Chicago Cubs for hitting 500 major league home runs H.Res.195 06/02/2003
- Commemorating the 30th anniversary of the date that Rick Monday heroically rescued the American Flag from being desecrated and recognizing Rick Monday for his courage and patriotism S.Res.477 05/15/2006
- National Historic Ball Park Act H.R.2626 08/13/1993
Baseball Stadiums and Maps: Chicago Worlds Revealed: Geography & Maps July 6, 2018