Access ready-made primary source lessons and activities to learn how some incredible women throughout U.S. history helped advance the nation.
- Learning from the Source: Chicago Meatpackers & the Unions
- Learning from the Source: Perceptions & Roles of American Women
- Music and U.S. Reform History: Stand Up and Sing
- Primary Source Learning: Women’s Road to the Vote (woman suffrage teaching resources)
- Primary Source Learning: Women in the White House
- Women in the Civil War: Ladies, Contraband and Spies
Check out these guided primary source analysis activities.
- Concerning the American Girl
- Does the Camera Ever Lie?
- Grandma’s Toilet
- The Poem
- Round the World with Nellie Bly
- For United America, YWCA
- When Women are Jurors
- Woman and Child
- Woman fingerprinted
- The Woman Whom Justice Brewer Would Make Mayor
- Women own about one percent of world’s land
- Women’s Rights National Historical Park
Next, create your own primary source activities focused on women’s history.